- New Pools
- Hot Tubs
Weather Related Tips
Keys to Pool Care
There are five keys to pool care that if followed can make you successful in the quest for a beautiful pool this summer. They are:
1. Circulation - Make sure that your pump is circulating at least 8-12 hours per day during the swim season.
2. Filtration Filtration refers to the skimmer baskets, pump basket, and the filter-all
need to be kept clean and free of debris.
3. Cleaning It is of particular importance to brush the walls and floor of the pool in order to prevent algae and bacteria from growing.
4. Testing Test your water weekly. In addition, have your local pool supply store perform a complete water analysis for you at least every 3 months.
5. Proper Water Chemistry Once the tests have been performed, add the chemicals that are needed. If you are unsure about the capacity in gallons for your pool, a pool professional will be glad to help you figure it. It is also a good idea to use an algaecide to help prevent the growth of algae.
Following these five keys to pool care can help you assure that you enjoy your swimming pool this summer.
Visit www.gohlkepoolservice.com for more information to get your pool ready for summer!
Ask The Pool Guy.....
200 YEARS of pool care experience at Gohlke Pools means we have seen it all. If you have questions about pool care, pool construction, renovation or repair, click here to ASK THE POOL GUY!
Down home genuine feel. Always feel like your staff is being honest and courteous with us. I like the face that your service technicians are nice to my dogs and are able to do their service and I don’t have to lock the dogs up in the house for the day. It may not sound like much but this is a really big deal to us. - Christine W.
Answered questions and gave honest advice. Also, Saturday service since that is the only day I can be there. - Dennis W.
The fellow who came to the house and showed me how to work the filters, pumps, etc. and let me do it hands on so I knew what to do myself. Very informative, friendly, and “pool knowledge” are not silly questions. They understand not everyone knows about pools. Very knowledgeable staff. I felt every employee, either in the store or those that came out to the house knew exactly what they were talking about. - JoAnn O.
Timely response, honest answers, and friendly service. A.W. was a great guy to work with . - Patricia B .
Matt Watson is friendly, caring , and prompt. - Gary & Carol P.
Genuine concern about my pool’s problem. Taking initiative to solve the problem and having authority to do so. Seems like a family unit more than a company only our for a profit. - Mary F.